Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So long life of leisure

As you may notice from my 2 week haitus from blogging, I've started working again. In the words of Debbie Downer... whah whah. It's interesting the my morning devotions today focused on how work actually existed before the fall. Hmmm... maybe the good Lord is trying to tell me something. I never thought that I would enjoy not working this much. It turns out, I'm really good at relaxing by the pool, doing lunch with friends, shopping, and this new crafty side of me that I have found. Surely there's a spiritual gift in there somewhere.

School is back in full swing. Our first day of class is tomorrow but we've had all kinds of meeting and such in the last week. After spending all summer with adults, I'm surprised to re-learn how whiney middle school students are. Also, after middle school orientation this moring, I think that some of my students haven't been able to talk at home all summer, because they had A LOT of words to get out. On a much more positive note, it's been cute to see some of them so anxious to get back to school. Several parents have come up to tell me how excited their child was to find out that they were in my homeroom. That has been really encouraging and fun.

So long pictures of fun quilts and hello funny kid stories. I'm sure to get some doozies this year. There's a lot of personality floating around the middle school.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

I believe that spiritual gift would be something like Ladies Aid. :)

Say hi to everyone at school for me! Miss ya'll