Some of you may know that a few of my friends and I have been working on putting together a podcast. I can take no credit for it whatsoever, but still, it has been a lot of fun. Jeff, our fearless podcast leader, suggested that Kristen, Jen and I recreate an old Tahitian Terrace menu from Disneyland in the 1960's. The pictures above show our creations: a chicken/pineapple type salad and ribs with a pineapple BBQ sauce, served over Cantonese rice. The best part of all this was that there was no recipe -- actually that's a lie, the best part was the company. But after that....
Anyways, I can't post the recipes here but they will eventually get posted on our website when it goes "live". Also, I can't take any credit for how good the food tasted. Fortunately, my friend Kristen is way more outgoing than myself and will talk to anyone. As a consequence of this, we met "big John" in Safeway where he gave us some ideas for the pineapple BBQ sauce. He's a chef who owns his own catering company and was introduced to us by the meat guy at Safeway, another stranger that Kristen helped us meat. As for the chicken salad, well it's hard not to love anything served in a pineapple.

1 comment:
Yum! I love the colorful presentation!
Post a Comment