Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nerdy things

Last night, some friends of ours invited us over for a Wii party with their kids. Dave and I had a great time, but the highlight for me would have to be learning to play Guitar Hero. I've picked this up a few times at Best Buy and tried to learn how it all works, but making mistakes in a really public place isn't my thing. So, our friends' 10 year old daughter gave me the basic run down and everyone waited patiently while I tinked my way thought "Hit Me With Your Best Shot." I'm not sure if it was the privacy of someone's home, or a couple glasses of wine to loosen me up, but this bout with Guitar Hero was the most sucessful yet. So sucessful that I seriously considered heading to Best Buy today to pick up my very own copy. Since it is a bit on the expensive side, and I just bought the Wii Fit this month, I've decided to be a little patient and hope that people will be trying to liquidate them soon since Guitar Hero World Tour is set to be released at the end of October. Regardless, I'm ready to be one of the swarm addicted to this game.

Another reason I'm holding out on Guitar Hero III is that Lego Batman is being released in only 2 more days! In case you are not aware, I'm a sucker for the Lego games. Lego Starwars got me hopelessly addicted and I conquered Lego Indiana Jones this summer while living my "lady of leisure" life. Dave is of the opinion that I should have my graduate project totally complete before picking up Lego Batman as I seem to struggle with time management when I get one of these new games. However, waiting any longer for a new lego game just doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun. So, if you have any doubts as to how I'll be spending my free time this week, well... you should have it figured out by now.

3 comments:

Kristen Nowicki said...

I love that you now love Guitar Hero. You know Jim Brown and I used to battle it out to the death on that game...though he usually wins - drat! Thanks for the new post - I enjoyed reading:)

Bridget said...

That's hilarious. How do you like the Wii Fit?

Barb Terpstra said...

Okay, but I have to tell you, Rock Band is even more fun. My kids thought they would be able to mock me (and they did, some), but I did better than they expected. We jammed with 2 guitars, drums and me on karaoke!