
This past weekend was the Tri Girl Tri -- athlon that I signed up for with a couple of friends. It turned out to be a great time. Above is the full team -- the Dark Knighties. How did we come up with this name? Good question. We spent an entire dinner trying to think of something better, and we didn't. A fellow teacher of ours used to play basketball for Calvin College back in the day and since Calvin was the Knights, they called the girls team the "Knighties". She finds this simply horrifying (that they all thought it was perfectly acceptable) and we find it hilarious. However, Knighties sounds a little too nice... and weird...and since the movie the Dark Knight just came out it seemed to be a logical choice.

This is my relay partner Kari. We had a great time and a great race, mostly thanks to Kari. She had a fabulous run! Unfortunately the swim was canceled because it was so windy and the water was a little choppy. This was a real bummer because we had a chance to excel in the swim but also a big relief because it meant I didn't have to get on the bike all cold and wet. So it ended up being a run-bike-run. We're both really excited to give it another try sometime because we think we could do pretty well in the two wo-man relay.
2 comments:
Go SJCS!!! That's totally awesome. If I were there I totally would have cheered you on!
Yay Becky!!! I'm glad you had a good time :-)
Post a Comment